Friday, November 10, 2006

A Quiet Week

No pictures tonight- just some thoughts on our week. This could be boring for most of you- sorry.

This week was a "quiet" one for us. Anyone who knows my precious Benjamin will think he must have been gone from the house or lost his voice somehow. No- we had the usual noise of boys (as Matthias now joins in with the volume level around here) playing manly things. It was "quiet" in the sense that we stayed home and buckled down to get a lot of school done. We have been busy a lot lately, so there were many opportnities to train the children at home this week. What amazes me is that the more I train them, the more the Lord is working to train ME! We are all growing!

I do have to confess to one day away from home: we went Gymboree shopping. Though we were away from home for half of the day, the children were learning valuable life lessons that day! For instance, they learned the value of getting to the store when it opens so that you beat the crowd of women who want what you want to buy. Or how to wait patiently while mama has the salesclerk check every store in Columbus and Dayton for certain sizes. Or how to be patient and forgiving when another child steals your seat in front of the t.v. or steals the one outfit left in the size you need (mama worked on learning this life lesson several times). So you see, we were all learning that day! And the beauty of homeschooling is that we can do school on Saturday and catch up for our shopping day. :)

I had hoped to get tons down this week besides homeschooling- I had thought I would work like crazy in the evenings. The only problem is that evenings came and I was either too tired or I would get sidetracked knitting and reading or something else would come up. As I sit here with almost none of my "to do" list done, I am tempted to feel down. However, I know that it will get done eventually. Especially after I get myself and my household back on schedule. :) For us it was a week of growing in God's grace, enjoying our children and loving to be home. We hope you all had a good week also!

Back to my milk and cookies!
- Heather

No comments: