Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Trip

This week I have been preparing for trip to visit our dear, dear friends, the McDaniels. They are in the process of adopting their second child and on Saturday they get to bring little Joshua home! I have the wonderful privilege of being with them and staying to help Devon adjust to being a mama of two. I'm so excited I could burst! Devon visited us two weeks each time Patricia and Benjamin were born. It will be special to be able to be there for her this time! Plus, I'll get to cuddle Kathryn and Joshua. What fun!!!

What makes this trip so unique is that I am going ALONE for a WEEK! Eric is staying home with our children! WOW! What a man! I have been busy freezing dinners, bread, snacks & desserts- everyone should be well fed. While I am so excited to go, I know that I am going to miss my family terribly! I have never been without them for more than an afternoon. You know- I have an amazing husband! I think he will win the "Best Daddy/Hubby" award after this week. (Actually, he always wins that award- maybe the "Most Capable Daddy/Hubby" award is more fitting.)

We would appreciate your prayers- prayers for safety as I travel (I'm flying for the first time alone!), for Eric as he care for all of our littles, for Steve and Devon as the parent their two children now & that Joshua's court date for the adoption on April 11 would go smoothly. Thanks!

- Heather

No comments: