Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Prayers Needed

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. - Proverbs 3:5, 6

We have two prayer requests:

First, our dear friends, the Arendse family, found out yesterday that their baby had gone to be with Jesus. Jeanelle would have been 16 weeks along in her pregnancy. Please pray for them as they mourn the loss of their baby!

Second, Eric was told this morning that he had lost his job. It came as a total shock to us (it still feels unreal- like he is home on a day off) and honestly, it was very overwhelming for me to hear that this morning. (I was already emotional about the Arendse baby.) There are many questions unanswered. (Will Eric find a job before his severance pay is used up? Where will the job be? What will we do for healthcare? How will this impact my pregnancy? What things can we do without during this time? How can I cut back on expenses?) So, we would appreciate prayers for Eric to find a new job quickly!

While the future to us is uncertain, to God it isn't. This truly gives us so much hope and peace (when my pregnancy hormones aren't raging- LOL)! Our God holds all these things in His sovereign, loving hands. NOTHING in this trial changes the love God has for us. We wait on Him!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face; and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace. (from the hymn "Turn Your Eyes on Jesus")

- Heather

PS- Eric and I thought this was so funny: immediately after Eric told the children what had happened today, Benjamin replied, "You can become a fire fighter now!" Ah, the innocence of youth.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of Eric's job loss - will be praying for you all.
And I'll be praying for you and the new little one, Heather. I didn't know you were expecting!:)

Jena Webber said...

I'm new here. I found you through your comment at Passionate Homemaking. I totally feel for you right now. My DH has been unemployed twice, and it was SO hard. I'm so sorry to hear about it. Does he have an engineering degree, by chance? (My DH works with a company that hires engineers) Prayers for you guys and your friend.

Tully Family said...

Organizing Mommy- I just love how big God's family is! :) Thank you for your prayers. No, my dh does not have an engineering degree though that would have been cool. I'm intrigued by your blog name- have to go check out your blog!

Anna- thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

We will be praying. That is mind boggling how fast things change.
Tina
PS I haven't forgotten your math question, just haven't gotten to answering it yet!

Michelle said...

Heather--I didn't realize you were expecting again. Congratulations, and I'll keep you (and Eric and the rest of the family) in my prayers. And I'm so sorry to hear about the Arendses. I'll be praying for them, too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You all will be in daily prayers. May our Lord give you the calmness to wait upon him.
Love Mom and Dad


Some how I do not see Eric doing Benjamin request.

Our church is praying for you all.

Since 1998 said...

Heather, we are praying for all of you!!

dawn said...

We're praying with and for you all!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying for you and the dear Arendse's as well.

I know this must be very difficult.

Jeanelle said...

God will never leave us nor forsake us! We are here for you. Thank you for your faithful prayers and your dear friendship.

Mccollough said...

Heather -
You are in our thoughts and prayers. It will all work out. Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart!

Hugs.
Michelle

Unknown said...

Our prayers are with you!

~Renee

Karen said...

I was upset to hear of Eric's being laid off. My first concern was the baby...but you guys always seem to survive. if things get bad you can always move in with us (ha ha, in a 2 BR in Troy NY), but seriously, you could if all else failed.

Love you guys and thinking of you all.