Saturday, June 06, 2009

Recipe: Homemade Tortillas

A friend came over last week so that we could make homemade whole wheat bread & tortillas together. The tortilla recipe was new & I was a bit skeptical- we've never liked ww tortillas from the store. Plus, I could never find them without soybean oil, which is an ingredient that we have completely eliminated from our diet. (I hope to post soon about why- stay tuned!)

Anyway, the whole wheat tortillas from here where AWESOME! Yum, yum, yum! Plus, they are easy. :) When you grind your wheat, be sure to use hard whole wheat to keep the tortillas from being crumbly & soak your grains overnight for extra nutritional benefits. I used olive oil but I'm sure coconut would be fine also. Lindsay recommended not rolling your tortillas too thin but if you use hard ww, it shouldn't be a problem!

- Heather

2 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Yum! Do these freeze well? I'd love to make up a bunch and feeze them for lunches.

Tully Family said...

YES-they freeze! :)