Monday, July 13, 2009

A Busy Weekend

This past weekend we traveled to TN to visit the McDaniels. We are so thankful to the Lord to live a couple of hours closer to our good friends now. The real reason we went was to meet their new daughter, Victoria Evangeline. (Though we were thrilled to see their other two children, Kathryn & Joshua, too!) Victoria was simply precious- just look:



Patricia and I were able to attend Victoria's baby shower with Devon and Kathryn. What a delight! I had prayed for years to be able to do this. :) The men watched Elizabeth and all the boys while we were gone. Eric was very excited to get an early birthday/Christmas gift from Steve- a wood lathe. Through the years, Steve has been teaching Eric about woodworking and has also supplied us with many tools. Thanks, Steve! :)

Even though our time was short, we had a wonderful visit! All of our children were just as excited as I was to hold and feed Victoria. (Which was actually kind of annoying... it meant I had to share her!) Several times today, Jonathan has been pointing to my belly and saying "baby Abigail." I think holding & seeing Victoria made our pregnancy real to him. Elizabeth was especially fascinated with Victoria's feet and eyes. September will be interesting!!! Here are few pics of the children:









This is the best picture I got of all of the children:


- Heather

PS- Oh, and I have decided there will be no more car trips till Abigail arrives. My back is killing me today after sitting in the car!

5 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Victoria is adorable. God has given both her, her parents and siblings an amazing gift. What a joy they will all be to each other!

Auntie Karen said...

great pictures, and gorgeous kids all around! was very pleased to hear that Jonathan has decided to end his silence as well... HUGS to all.

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

After traveling much in June/July I am home to stay for the next 7 weeks, with the exception of my visits an hour away to the midwife. I hope your back will be feeling better very soon.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of Victoria, if I do say so myself. We LOVED having you all here and can't wait to (Lord willing) see ya'll soon!

Devon

Tully Family said...

She is CUTE! :)