Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dream-Like Days

"It's like a dream." These were Matthias' first words when he saw Abigail for the first time. We couldn't agree more! These past few days have been dream-like and we are relishing every moment.

Now, granted, sometimes the dream is a bit fuzzy from lack of sleep. Abigail nursed every 2 hours around the clock for the first 2 days. Today, we are working on a 3-hour schedule. I met that with a bit of protest this morning. ;) Eric and Nanny were a bit sleepy the first 2 days from caring for everyone. Thanks, Nanny, for all of your help- Eric really appreciated it!

At other times, the dream is a bit tear-filled. Abigail tends to think she should be nursing or be held... nothing else. Other littles don't quit understand why things are so upside down. Of course, we parents are calm and never tear-filled. ;) Oh, except when I nurse- it has been so painful! From the moment she came out, Abigail has shown herself to be THE STRONGEST nurser of all of our children. Ouch!

But overall, our dream-like days are sweet. What JOY to hold and kiss our daughter! What JOY to see our children delight in another sister! What JOY to see Nanny love on her 11th grandchild during her visit.

Enjoy the pictures! I'll try to post some of the boys holding Abigail soon. All of the boys have colds, so they have been limited in how much they can hold Abigail right now. None of them like that very much but I keep reassuring them that Abigail is here to stay!
- Heather

Sweet time with Nanny:


Elizabeth peeking (don't you just love those pants?):


Mama & Patricia making birth announcements in my craft room (fun, fun, fun!):


Daddy & Abigail:


Simply ADORABLE:

11 comments:

dawn said...

Why is there a bird landing on her head? LOL

Tully Family said...

I know, I know! I noticed it after I posted. Oh, well. But isn't it a cute bouncer seat? LOVE the pink & brown... though Eric would say we need more purple! :)

Jeanelle said...

Birth announcement? Hope it comes soon! Kathryn is so interested in seeing baby Abigail. Maybe it will help if she has a picture to hold until we get to see her.

Love your craft room!

Anonymous said...

so cute! Auntie Karen

harris family said...

I am a bit curious....are there two grandkids out there not claimed? We have 5 and you have 6...Matt said it must be that Ohio math education! LOL congrats on the adorable new addition! :-)

Mccollough said...

She is beautiful. Please send Nanny a kiss and hug for our girls (we have not seen them in so long we too are having withdrawls). I hope you all are well.....looks like you are. Hugs to you all! :)

Tully Family said...

Not Ohio math- just nursing hormones! I'll go change the post- thanks! :)

Jess said...

Oh my Heather! It sounds like you got a carbon copy of Michaela! :)

I remember it felt like I nursed her 24-7 and she was a little baricuda nurser! I dreamed I was nursing a squirrel not a baby. It sure felt like a squirrel nawing at me at times. I hope you get to feeling less sore soon. I lived on Lansinoh for a good 2 months! Oh and if she is anything like Michaela she'll be 15 lbs by the time she's 3 months! :)

She is SO cute! Enjoy her! I wish I could come visit and bring a meal! Man, I wish I could move your state closer to KS! But it is nice to get a Tully update on here!

Tully Family said...

Jess,

Yep, we think Abigail will be heavy-weight. :) (Well, at least as long as she is nursing. All Tullys end up skinny.) And, yes- I LOVE Lansinoh!

Tully Family said...

Oh, and I wish I could move several states closer so I could visit with more friends. But praise God for blogs, emails, phones & visits!

redawson80 said...

Love how she matches her bouncy seat!! TOO CUTE!
Rachel