Friday, May 13, 2011

Imagination- Good or Bad?

Ever since Elizabeth watched The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, she has been pretending to be Gail, the young girl who stows away on the ship. She'll ask us to call her Gail instead of Lizzie. She likes to tell me all the things Gail likes to eat or do that Lizzie doesn't ("because Lizzie isn't here"). It's all adorable and fun until the other day:

Jonathan: OUCH! That hurt, Lizzie!

Mama: Elizabeth, did you hurt Jonathan?

Elizabeth: Oh, no! It was Gail.

I tried very hard to not laugh and told Elizabeth that Gail would need to leave if she was going to hurt others. It sobered her up & she's been sweet since.
- Heather

3 comments:

Dave Shideler said...

That is hilarious. I think I would enjoy Elizabeth a lot!!!!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of me of Matt and is his friend the'rabbit'.
What else will she want to be? Mom

Jeanelle said...

Lizzie is sweet, most of the time. And she's clever!