Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook: July 5, 2011


FOR TODAY
July 5, 2011 (one day late)...


Outside my window... looking forward to cooler weather (80s) this week.
I am thinking... about educational plans for the fall.
I am thankful... for our country & pray that God would direct the hearts of its people back to Him!
From the learning rooms... finish up learning about Amerigo Vespucci for history & pinnipeds for science this week.
From the kitchen... leftovers from yesterday- the BEST fajitas! :)
I am wearing... black skirt w/ pretty flowers on it & hot pink top.
I am creating... a gift for a friend for Christmas.
I am going... to try to get to the library this week.
I am reading... "Real Food on a Real Budget" & "Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety"
I am hoping... to finish up several projects this month so that I can start new ones! :)
I am hearing... littles stir even though they are suppose to be still. :(
Around the house... laundry awaits folding. Anyone?
One of my favorite things... planning & buying new books.
A few plans for the rest of the week: blueberry picking and freezing & a bridal shower. NO grocery shopping because I shopped for 2 weeks last week. YEAH!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... highlights from yesterday's celebrations with our friends, the Coppocks:








Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friends are the best, you are blessed. mom

Kristine said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! The food looks so yummy -- what did y'all have to eat? I picked lots of zucchini out of the garden this morning and now I'm inspired to grill it!

Tully Family said...

We had fajitas w/ everything from scratch- tortillas, salsa, guacamole, rice, sour cream & cheese (okay- bought those 2 but they were organic!), marinated chicken & steak. Ah. It was great!

And so was the zucchini- slice longways & drizzle w/ olive oil. Sprinkle on garlic salt & lemon pepper before grilling. YUM! I need to buy some (ie, lots) zucchini so I can freeze some!!!