Monday, October 03, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook: October 26, 2011


FOR TODAY
October 3, 2011...


Outside my window... sunny, breezy & WONDERFUL. Ah, fall!
I am thinking... about taking a nap.
I am thankful... that Eric & my father spotted the black widow spider before someone stepped on it or tried to catch it! YIKES!
From the learning rooms... lots of independent work this week so mama can focus on all her nesting projects.
From the kitchen... we had this with breakfast. YUM. (But hold the nuts, please.)
I am wearing... a scarf w/ my outfit today. YEAH for fall!
I am creating... Emily's blanket.
I am going... to make up some fresh tortillas today- some to eat asap & others to freeze.
I am reading... ?
I am hoping... Lizzie's little fingers heal soon- she scraped them last week on the cement & they keep bleeding. Poor thing!
I am hearing... the washer spin.
Around the house... nesting has begun!
One of my favorite things... new cloth diapers- 2 orders come this week. :)
A few plans for the rest of the week: piano (we did that this morning), OB appt, iron treatment, lesson w/ the Coppocks & hopefully apple picking (sauce making?).
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... I've been doing some cooking/baking with a friend for food after Emily comes:


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

Mahers Hill Academy said...

What kind of cloth diapers are you getting? I am currently using newborn Kissaluv fitteds and small prefolds on L. I also have some medium Fuzzi Bunz for when he's bigger, but seem to remember them smelling with E, and I'm wondering about trying something else.

Tully Family said...

Anna,

I use prefolds w/ Thirstie duo covers (LOVE those!) for newborns. I would love to own the Kissaluv for newborns though!!!

I LOVE Fuzzi Bunz & thaat is all I am using now once my newborns grow out of prefolds- I use the one size till potty training. If you are getting a smell, you probably need to STRIP your diapers. I'll send you an email about how- it isn't hard, just time consuming. But it works & makes your diapers super white & clean. Also, you may need to reconsider how you are storing dirty diapers & how long.

Look for the email soon- hopefully tonight!

Mahers Hill Academy said...

Thanks Heather! I know I've read about stripping diapers before, but don't know if I ever actually tried it. What do you "stuff" your Fuzzi Bunz with? I think I used infant prefold last time, but they were kind of bulky. You can answer in the email if you want. :)

Tully Family said...

The one-size Fuzzi Bunz come with 2 inserts each- a small one for small babies & a larger one. I use one insert inside during the day & 2 at night. (Though we often use a sposie for nighttime, esp now that Abigail is older & such a heavy nighttime wetter.)

Do NOT buy all-in-ones!!! They take FOREVER to dry!