Monday, July 23, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook: July 23, 2012



FOR TODAY
July 23, 2012


Outside my window... sun! Yeah!

I am thinking... I should freeze more meals so I do not have to cook on Mondays.

I am thankful... for yesterday's sermon. Hoping to re-listen via sermonaudio! Oh, I hope it was recorded!!! I think we will work on memorizing Matthew 5-7 after we finish the days of Creation.

In the kitchen... thawing Shepherd's Pie for dinner. Yum.

I am wearing... denim skirt with tee.

I am creating... Abigail's shawl for Christmas & this sweater for me. I'm having a hard time with my gauge for the sweater. :(

I am going... pull out my sweater again. :(

From the learning rooms... I'm in the middle of lots of prep but we're still plugging along with lessons. (See yesterday's post.)

I am reading... Building Her House by Nancy Wilson. The short little articles are perfect for times of nursing. :)

I am hoping... I figure out my gauge for this sweater so I can just knit!

I am looking forward to... quiet time today! I should probably nap too but there's too much to do!

I am learning... perseverance with this sweater. The pattern is easy & the yarn is divine... it's just that tricky gauge that is an issue. Errr!

Around the house... a deep cleaning is in order but when to do it?

I am pondering... yesterday's sermon.

A favorite quote for today... "Be honest with thine own soul, and make sure that thou art a new creature in Christ Jesus; but when this is sure, walk jealously, lest any should again be able to say, Even though wast as one of them." - Morning and Evening, Charles Spurgeon

One of my favorite things... SermonAudio.

A few plans for the rest of the week: lessons with the Coppocks; dental appt for me (replacing old filling- pray it goes well!); piano lessons; lunch with friends from church.

A peek into my day... we had a blast finishing our diorama last week. Even the littlest littles helped- they pained the box while the older ones worked with the clay. Any guesses on which explorer we studied? Look:



Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Mahers Hill Academy said...

Hubby and I also enjoy SermonAudio. I've been listening a great series by R. C. Sproul called Defending Your Faith.