Monday, December 03, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook: December 3, 2012



FOR TODAY
December 3, 2012


Outside my window... it going to be warm (73!) & sunny today!

I am thankful... for a hubby who got up & went to work while I slept in. It's pretty awesome to have a man who provides for his family!

In the kitchen... I need to grocery shop- it's pretty bare!

I am wearing... pjs (still! I can't wake up this morning!)

I am creating... sleeve for my cardigan. When I'm done, I can sew it together!

I am going... to try to post pics from our vacation. We used Eric's phone to take pictures, so I have to wait till he's home.

From the learning rooms... the children are enjoying the projects from our Colonial Life unit study.

I am reading... Folks, This Ain't Normal by Joel Salatin.

I am hoping... we're finally over our colds. They've hung on forever!

I am looking forward to... cutting down our Christmas tree this year. Well, actually I'm not doing it. But it will be fun to watch. :)

I am learning...

Around the house... pulling out the Christmas decorations today!

I am pondering... the mercies of God.

A favorite quote for today... "The providence of God designates the family out of which we should rise. This affects both our temporal and eternal good. If your family feared God, and took care to train you up in the nurture of the Lord, you can reckon this among your chief mercies to spring from such parents... Ah, my friends! Let me beg you to take special note upon this divine providence to have parents as a pattern holiness that beat the path to heaven for us by their example. Let your hearts become thoroughly warmed in the sense of it." -Voices from the Past - Puritan Devotional Readings - December 2 - John flavorful, Works, IV:370 -373

One of my favorite things...

A few plans for the rest of the week: piano lessons & Eric's family is visiting from NY! Oh, and cutting down & decorating a Christmas tree. FUN!

A peek into my day... Emily doesn't travel well in the van, so this is what happens when I giver her my iPhone in hopes of pacifying her (which is does for about 1 or 2 minutes):


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the shoes, cute pic of Emily, my how she likes the phone.
lv mom

Karen Tully said...

We had a great time with all the Littles...we can't wait to do it again. Already missing you all!!

Love,
Auntie Karen