Monday, April 08, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook: April 8, 2013


FOR TODAY
April 8, 2013


Outside my window... sunny & warm. Spring has sprung! (And I think summer is quick on her heels.)

I am thankful... my 33rd birthday Saturday! :) We spent the day buying flowers & gardening supplies and planted herbs. Ended the day with dinner with my parents & brother. It was a perfect birthday! I'm also so thankful that our children are learning these things when they are young.

In the kitchen... chicken Alfredo with gluten-free pasta.

I am wearing... black tee with jeans.

I am creating... Baby's blanket. 2/3 way done!

I am going... to plant our garden this week. Yeah!

From the learning rooms... the older children are enjoying SICC-A, which we just started last week.

I am reading... Square Foot Gardening

I am hoping... we have a productive garden. I'm also hoping Patricia feels better soon. She's had ear troubles.

I am looking forward to... finishing the blanket so I can use my gift certificate from here! (Thanks, Jill!)

I am learning... humility. We all are. It's really hard but it's also really good!

Around the house... it's a mess! We're working on building our garden box today & planting more herbs. The children brought down a small tree today. That was pretty exciting!

I am pondering...

A favorite quote for today...

One of my favorite things... having Eric home & watching him work so hard outside.

A few plans for the rest of the week: piano... or at least I hope we go to piano. We'll see how Patricia is feeling.


A peek into my day... planting herbs on Saturday:



Oh, and look at what I awoke to on my birthday:


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: