Monday, September 30, 2013

2013 Book List: September

I've tried keeping a book list in the past. It was pitaful: 8 books in 2011 & 2 in 2012. I did read a bit more those years but not a whole lot beyond my Bible & read alouds for the children. :( With lots of nursing sessions going on & starting a 4-year humanities course with Patricia, I'm reading more these days. I'm going to try to record here what I read at the end of each month. Maybe, just maybe, I can keep at it! ;)

September 2013 Book List:
1.  Read Aloud: Blood on the River: James Town, 1607 by Elisa Carbone. Okay at best. I had to cover some language plus we didn't enjoy her writing style. :( It's not one that I'm keeping.
2.   Fit to Burst: Abundance, Mayhem, and the Joys of Motherhood by Rachel Jankovic. Excellent! Go here to read a great review/interview.
3.  Building Her House: Commonsensical Wisdom for Christian Women by Nancy Wilson. Very good- I especially gleaned a lot from the last section on attitudes, which is helpful for young ladies too.

Still Reading:

The Core: Teaching Your Child the Foundations of Classical Education by Leigh A. Bortins

Restoring Your Digestive Health:: How The Guts And Glory Program Can Transform Your Life by Jordan S. Rubin & Joseph Brasco

- Read Aloud: Alone a Yet Not Alone by Tracy Leininger Craven
- Read Aloud: George Washington's World by Joanna Foster

No comments: