Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lest I Forget: Benjamin & Elizabeth

Sometimes, children say the funniest things without even realizing it:

Benjamin: I think I want to be a quarter back.

Mama: I think your aspirations should be bigger.

Benjamin: You mean like a linebacker?

No, that's not what meant but it was pretty funny! And I have no idea where this train of thought came from- we only watch one football game (Ohio State vs. Michigan) each year.

Benjamin, referring to his dinner: What's this rubbery stuff? It's delicious!

We then talked about how "rubbery" wasn't the best of words to use when describing food your mama made to eat.

Mama, while braiding Elizabeth's hair: Do you know why you're suppose to obey your parents?

Elizabeth: Because God tells me so.

Mama: Right. It brings God glory & did you know He promises you something when you honor your parents? He says you'll live long in the land your God gives you.

Elizabeth: Right! Just like Nanny because she's lived a long time!

:) Sorry, Mom!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol! I love the funny things children say=)