Sunday, November 16, 2014

Let's Play Catch Up: Part 1

Well, hello there! I certainly did not mean to take a break for almost a month from blogging. Life has been a-chugging & we've been trying to keep up! :) A few highlights from the past month (WARNING: this is going to be LONG!):

- Benjamin has been diligently practicing his guitar each day & it's paying off, which is exciting for all:

- Emily turned THREE in October! We had a wonderful, simple day celebrating another year with this little girl:








- My family came over a few days later to wish Emily a happy birthday. My mother also gave Elizabeth a quilt that she had made. Elizabeth loves it!



- Eric & I went to our first book signing (YEAH for an older daughter who can now babysit!):




- Eric took the boys on a father/son campout with our church. Yes, Eric CAMPED OUT!


- We all went to the TN Aquarium on the last day of October. It turned out to be a perfect day, as the aquarium wasn't busy & we missed all of the halloween celebrations. Yahoo! The children were excited to show Daddy around:












- The children had a piano recital. Patricia really struggled through her pieces & while my heart ached for her to go through that, I was so happy to see her finish. People were so kind & encouraging to her afterward- love the community of the Suzuki family. :) We enjoyed having Eric's family come! This was Abigail's first recital (Emily didn't play but she wanted to practice with Miss Brooke after the recital was done):








- I finished some knitting projects just in time for our family pictures. HUGE thanks to Jill, who made our clothing & then came out to help me with the girls' hair. I'm just in awe of what she did. We had a blast with Elizabeth Blank & I'm excited to get to know her! She's a CM Pro and her work is stunning. Plus, she is so sweet & kind! I'll post more about all of this when we get our pictures:








- We enjoyed an overnight visit with our friends, the Trexler family. They stopped in on their way to FL. Our home is ALWAYS open to any other travelers! :) It had been several years since we saw them last, so it was good to catch up. The children had a blast together:

- I finished up my Project 365. I'm working on finishing posting those pictures so you can see them under the tab below. I'm hoping to do another one starting in the new year!

Okay, I'll be back soon with Part 2 where I'll share about our educational pursuits.

No comments: