Wednesday, May 13, 2015

5 Minutes of Fun!

I'm shooting my first ever group senior session tomorrow so I thought it was a good excuse to rent a zoom lens. (So excited for tomorrow!) I've been dying to try out the 70-200mm f/2.8 VRII so I'm super-excited to play with it over the next week. Eeek! It may have been a poor decision because I think I'm going to love it & I'm in no position to buy it anytime soon. :)

I could only spare 5 minutes tonight & the lighting/location was less than ideal but I'm so thrilled with this lens already- it's sharp & the bokeh is to die for! Nothing will ever replace my primes (they're sharper by nature) but I think a zoom with a fixed aperture would be a good addition, especially for sessions with a family. Here's the very quick pictures I took of Benjamin tonight:


 

I'm going to have to remember to really back up with at 200mm- I shot this one crooked so I ended up chopping off his poor feet with my edit:


Again, BACK UP!!! (And shoot less crooked.) Everyone say it with me... back up, Heather!


Note: this lens is a monster! I mean it is HUGE & HEAVY! I plan on renting another zoom soon that is smaller (24-70mm f/2.8) to compare but I may just have to lift more weights & deal with this current lens. I rented from aperturent.com their service has been perfect! Plus, they have a location in Atlanta so I could pick it up & not pay shipping. Yippee!

No comments: