Monday, August 09, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: August 9, 2010



FOR TODAY
August 9, 2010...


Outside my window... darkness.
I am thinking... about how much I need to get done tomorrow. It makes me tired.
I am thankful... for our visit with the Garretts last week. Oh, and that we are all well again! YAHOO!
From the learning rooms... started some new things today- that's always fun.
From the kitchen... I MUST go grocery shopping tomorrow, even though Eric will not be home in the evening & that means I need to take littles with me. The cupboards are bare- I MUST go. :(
I am wearing... pjs.
I am creating... kola mama & baby from this book.
I am going... to give the kolas to my mother b/c I recently found out they were her favorite animal- never knew that before!
I am reading... "Wives and Daughters" by Elizabeth Gaskell, though I still need to finish this one. It's going to be fun to read some literature for me (vs reading aloud to the children... which I love but I miss reading my books sometimes)! :)
I am hoping... to conquer knitting with double-pointed needles.
I am hearing... air conditioning running at 9:45 at night! Ah, life in the South!!!
Around the house... cloth diapers are rinsing.
One of my favorite things... cloth diapers. Thanks, Jess, for renewing that habit!
A few plans for the rest of the week: speech w/ Jonathan tomorrow, dinner with friends & my parent's for Patricia's birthday, and tea with my mother & Patricia. PHEW!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... Lizzie w/ her good friend Bekah- it is a bit shocking how much these two look alike:


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook.

9 comments:

Jeanelle said...

Ah! Sweetie pie girls...glad you all had a nice visit.

dawn said...

Did you buy Wives & Daughters or find it at the library? You'll have to let me know how it is.

That's a cute picture :)

Tully Family said...

Bought the book at B&N.

Jeanelle, did you notice the boots & hat? Lizzie wears them almost everyday, most-of-the-day since got back from Texas.

Jess said...

Don't you just love freshly washed cloth diapers? I love seeing them hanging to dry. :)

How is cloth diapering going? What are your favorites right now? :)

Tully Family said...

Jess-

Well, freshly washed cloth is much better than dirty. ;) But, yes cloth diapers make me happy. I do not have the $$$ to buy or try new things, so we use the same one-size FuzzieBunz & bumGenius diapers. Abigail is wearing them- Lizzie is potty training. She needed bigger size (large bumGenius are my FAVORITE- we own 3) but I didn't want to spend the $. PRAYING potty training goes better- days like today & yesterday make me wish I did the EC!

Jess said...

Yeah, I hear you on staying away from trying a ton...it does defeat the purpose of saving money by cloth diapering. We haven't tried much new either except Flips. We like those with infant prefolds.

Have you looked into Thirsties Duo size 2 I hear they run large...maybe with trifolded prefolds that would work for Lizzie?

Yeah, there are ups and downs with EC and potty training but maybe sometime with another you can try it and see what you think. I think at 4 months or so it is really easy! Plus you catch a lot of the messy diapers and they get used to things. We are loving our little Baby Bjorn potty. Michaela really likes being able to use it by herself and get a sticker. Hehe...stickers always help motivate her. :)

Tully Family said...

Our littles love stickers- we use them a lot w/ their lessons. Not sure if I'll ever try EC w/ our babies- love the idea but I'm not sure if I have the time to invest in it.

On the up side, Elizabeth is doing great at potty training- this is our third day & she has come to me all day to tell me she needs to go! YAHOO! I'm sure she'll be wet after naps but it is one step at a time.

dawn said...

Go Lizzie!

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute!! Two dear friends.
Love Nanny