Friday, June 17, 2011

Recipe: Barbecue Sauce

One of our favorite meals during the summer months is barbecued chicken. Yum! Can't you just smell it & hear the sizzle on the grill? :) It's really easy to make your own sauce, saving money & insuring that you use healthy ingredients. My tried & true sauce recipe comes from Barefoot Contessa. Here are a few of my personal notes about her recipe:

- I use coconut oil vs vegetable oil.
- I'm not precise in my measurements & it turns out fine.
- Be careful about how much red pepper flakes you use if you do not like a lot of spice or have littles to feed.
- This recipe makes a lot of sauce!!! Great for freezing & using later!

Enjoy!
- Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish i had this receipe earlier, dad cook last nite. will have to try it soon. mom

Jeanelle said...

Good stuff!