Monday, November 19, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook: November 19, 2012


FOR TODAY
November 19, 2012


Outside my window... grey & a bit cold today. It will be sunny & warm the rest of the week though.

I am thankful... our vacation last week! I'm also thankful that Abigail is finished potty training. Yahoo! She took the longest to get that down.

In the kitchen... I need to go grocery shopping. YIKES!

I am wearing... one of my favorite shirts with a hole in the sleeve. :( I should let it go but...

I am creating... my sweater- oh, so close now.

I am going... a bit crazy thinking about what needs to be done before Thursday! But I'm thrilled to get ready to feed 23. :)

From the learning rooms... nothing too formal this week but there's still lots of reading, piano & memory work. I'm going to try to get the children to do some writing about vacation.

I am reading... Blood on the River to the children. Perfect after visiting Jamestown last week!

I am hoping... everyone is healthy & arrives safe for Thursday.

I am looking forward to... Thanksgiving! It's my favorite time of the year!

I am learning... a lot from our vacation. While there, I learned how much my children already know about history (and, sadly, often more than me!).

Around the house... what a mess!

I am pondering... the quote below.

A favorite quote for today... "You need to do the best you can each day. Understand that there are days when it's going to be magical and days when it isn't. Again, teaching from a state of rest. You cannot be driven by perfectionism." - Andrew Kern. Heard it from this video- go watch! Especially if you're a mama.

One of my favorite things... Thanksgiving!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Thanksgiving (I'm excited, can you tell?), shopping & visiting with family & friends.


A peek into my day... lots of pics from vacation waiting to be downloaded- I'll try to do that soon! But here is a picture of my parents who recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary (thanks, Mom & Dad, for your example of faithfulness!):


 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very Thankful for vacation with the children/grandchildren. Very thankful to the Lord for 40 years of marriage to a wonderful husband. So very thankful for the love of Christ. Love Mom