Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day Project

This is a little late but I wanted to share a fun project for your little ones on Valentine's Day. You could also use this to make a card for a loved one, so I guess it's not too late. :) Here is what we made:

It's pretty easy. You'll need card stock, a marker, 1" squares of tissue paper, glue & a pencil. Draw a heart on your card stock (we chose to draw a large heart but you cold fold your card stock & make a card) with your marker. Smear the heart with glue. The children can then glue the tissue paper on the heart by either wadding it up with their hands (this is what my youngest did) or by twisting the tissue paper square around the eraser of a pencil (my older ones did this until the project went to long & then they switched to wadding it up).

Lots of fun & it will bring a smile to someones face when your littles share it. :) So, go get crafty with your children!I know how tough that can be! I'm not inclined to be very crafty with littles but its good to think of them over myself. And besides, I have older ones who can now clean up. ;)
- Heather

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

Fun! Kathryn loves anything to do with cutting and pasting! Very nice artwork kiddos!!