I thought I would share with you two more family favorite recipes for dinner or a hearty lunch. Both are healthy & very yummy. In effort to expand our use of healthy oils, I bought some palm oil & my father found the recipe. Enjoy!
Black Bean Soup:
- usually use a jalapeno pepper b/c I always have those in the fridge
- I never measure but I'm guessing that I add more lime juice, salt & cilantro
- we usually serve this soup with brown rice at the bottom & sour cream with shredded cheese over top (for an extra treat, make homemade salsa & tortilla chips)
Palm Oil Chop: South African meal.
- NOTE TO MAMAS: palm oil is hard to get out of clothing if you do not wash it asap
- what I love about this recipe is that you do not have to measure anything- just chop & throw into the pot whatever you have on hand
- okra has become a favorite around here. It's something we never ate before moving to the south. I pity you northerners.
- I tend to use canned diced tomatoes (shudder) b/c it is what I have on hand
- we use more beef (& sometimes no beef depending on what is in the freezer)
- you MUST use fresh ginger! MUST!
- likewise, you MUST garnish it with hard boiled eggs over top. MUST! Try it. We also like rice, avocado, mango, papaya, & pineapple