Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Praises for the Lord's Work!



Today, Patricia completed reading through the Bible in a year! Actually, she read the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice. We bought Patricia a journal at the beginning of the year and showed her how to record the date, Scripture passage read & one prayer request. (I started out writing this each morning for her when I woke her up but she quickly learned how to do it on her own. She became completely responsible for making sure it was done each day.) We praise God for encouraging Patricia by His Word! What a blessing to have read God's Word completely by the age of eight!

- Heather

PS- Benjamin is very eager to join Patricia and I read through the Bible in 2009. You know, and this is REALLY SAD, I've never read the Bible based on a schedule!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Aw what a cute picture of Patricia! That is wonderful she has read through the Bible! Wow. I have that as my resolution for this year. In past years it took me over a year to get through it.

It was so good seeing you and Dawn this week! :)

Tully Family said...

It WAS good to visit & hold your wee babe. :) Wish we could have had more time! I'm hoping to read through the Bible this year also. Benjamin and Patricia should help hold me accountable. :)

dawn said...

Wonderful, Patricia! We're very proud of you!

Jeanelle said...

Patricia,oh how we miss you! I'm so glad you and the girls were able to talk on Christmas day. Thanks for inspiring all of us to get our Bible read in a year. Hope and Sarah are working on this as well but haven't finished yet. Can't wait to show them this post.

Auntie Jeanelle

Anonymous said...

Patricia:
We are so very proud , thankful and bless for your love to read Gods Word. We will be praying that Benjamin will continue to do the same. Love Nanny and Pa Pa