Monday, December 13, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook: December 13, 2010



FOR TODAY
December 13, 2010...


Outside my window... cold. VERY cold. Yuck.
I am thinking... about our schedule. Making some adjustments that will begin after the holidays.
I am thankful... that I do not have to go anywhere in this cold today.
From the learning rooms... Elizabeth starts her letter book this week. FUN!
From the kitchen... loaded potatoes. I would have had this but I forgot to soak the beans, so we'll have it tomorrow. Very yummy & easy.
I am wearing... black top w/ woolen, gray skirt.
I am creating... this cardigan. I'm hoping to be finished this week- I had to re-start after almost being finished, so really this is the second cardigan I am making. ;)
I am going... to try to start these skirts for the girls this week but finishing the cardigan is top priority.
I am reading... "Ten P's in a Pod" by Arnold Pent III. Patricia tells me it is very good.
I am hoping... that my father's outpatient surgery goes well this week. Praying for you, Papa!
I am hearing... the stillness of early morning. :)
Around the house... I can finally vacuum after waiting over a week for mine to be fixed.
One of my favorite things... soup on cold days.
A few plans for the rest of the week: prep for Elizabeth's birthday on Saturday; take the older children to see the new Narina movie.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... here are the girl's dresses that I made around Thanksgiving:


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

7 comments:

Mahers Hill Academy said...

Adorable dresses, and Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

The dresses look so cute, can not wait to see the next ones!
Looking forward to decorating cup cakes with Patricia.

Love mom

dawn said...

They're so cute :)

Love the sweater pattern!

Tully Family said...

Thanks, ladies! And a BIG THANK YOU to Mom & Dad Harris, who helped watch children so I could sew one ENTIRE day. (WOW) And, Mom for helping me w/ my ?s.

The sweater is supper-easy to knit up. :)

dawn said...

you forgot this part:

"if you can knit." Which I cannot. I've tried, but failed miserably.

Tully Family said...

Well, yes. You need to know how to knit. But you could learn. I know you could.

Jeanelle said...

Me too Dawn! Super easy huh?

Kathryn is cheering for Lizzie's birthday since she is turn "three," and she just loves baby Abigail. Miss you two girls!

Auntie Jeanelle