Thursday, August 18, 2011

Emily's Sweater

I finished Emily's sweater last Saturday (one week!) but it took me awhile to get around to taking pictures. This pattern knit up so quickly/easily & I'm really happy with how it looks. I did not block it (that's an American thing that I'm finding isn't usually necessary) & I realized that I never switched to the smaller needles for the top stripes. That probably means I could have gotten more rows but the finished measurement is the same.

I thought you would enjoy seeing some pics:






I'm almost finished with Emily's leg warmers. It is a lot of fun to knit for her! :)
- Heather

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh it is beautiful! There's something so sweet about a baby girl in something hand made. You def. need to post pictures of her in it!

Kristine said...

Oh, it's beautiful!!!! Can't wait to see her in it!

Jeanelle said...

So pretty! She will need it in the upcoming cold months.

The girls are knitting decorative scarves this week and should finish in a few days. They have been finding creative time to knitt like during their Apologia lectures. This fall in Keepers Club, the girls will learn to follow a pattern and make wash cloths for their hope chests. Wish it were Auntie Heather who was teaching them!

Tully Family said...

Oh, I wish I was there too!

Anonymous said...

The leg warmers and the sweater are so beautiful. I know that Emily will look grand in them.

Love Mom