Wednesday, November 01, 2006

An Amazing Mother




Today we received a package that my mother had sent. It contained these sweaters that she had knitted for Benjamin and Matthias. Aren't they amazing?!?! I called her to say thank you and to also ask her if she could make one for Patricia. She is going to knit one for her and I will make one for Jonathan. We plan on having them done soon (December?) so we can get the children's pictures in them. I will wait to post a picture of the children wearing their sweaters till then. You know, it is going to get impossible to knit for all of the children if the Lord continues to bless us with more. That would be okay- it would be a good thing.

Thanks Mom, you are truly amazing! Not only for the things you do but for who you are. These sweaters, which I will tuck away in their hope chests and legacy trunks (more on this in another blog), will remind them of your love for them. THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Love you!

- Heather

5 comments:

dawn said...

Wow! Those are really pretty sweaters!

Anonymous said...

OMG..how cute are all of the children!!! It's a good thing you have this blog so I can see my little cuties once in a while....Can't wait until you guys get to GA, then maybe we can see other more...Once I get there of course. HUGS!

Casey said...

The kids are looking so BIG...when did that happen???? It's sad and good at the same time. Thank you for graciously posting comments on my blog. Thanks for all the pictures on your blog; it's good to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Your mom did a great job with the sweaters! Shiloh learned to knit at a Titus 2 women's meeting at church, and she's working on a scarf. She has a problem with it right now, though, so we have to wait until Sunday to ask the lady who taught her since I can't help her! :)

Take Care-
Casey

Tully Family said...

Casey,
The kids are getting big but I'm not sure when it happened. I wasn't looking! :) If only I could slow them down!!!

Shiloh,
Great job in learning to knit! Patricia wants to learn and I hope to teach her soon. Tell Mommy that she should learn with you! :)

- Heather

Christ in the Chaos said...

I'd love to here about your hope chests and legacy trunks. I have thought of doing these for my kids but I never thought of starting so early.
p.s. love the sweaters :)