Monday, April 06, 2009

Introducing...

... our little girl, Abigail Evangeline Tully:



Did you see her little hand up by her face? Abigail was rolled up tight at the bottom of my uterus for most of the ultrasound. I got up twice to walk around & drink water- both of which were suppose to "encourage" her to stretch out. (At one point, the tech showed us all the black space that she could be stretched out and enjoying if she wanted to.) Abigail finally cooperated and stretched out for us- making it very clear that she was a girl! Here are two of my favorite pictures- in the first one she was sucking her hand (we have another pic of her sucking her arm) and the second one is of her wrist in front of her face (she enjoyed having her arms and feet near her face- it looked uncomfortable!). The "blob" is my placenta- Abagail thinks it is cozy to be up close to it.





Here is the reasoning behind our little one's name (some have questioned us naming our little one so early or telling others the baby's name but we all enjoy connecting with our little one from the womb and calling our child by his/her name helps with that! In the Tully home, we are constantly praying and hoping for more children, so names are always up for debate & it therefore it usually doesn't take us long to decide when we are expecting again!):

Abigail is Hebrew for "Father's joy." We pray that she would be both her heavenly Father and her earthly father's joy! One of our dear midwife's names is Abby, so our little one will be a precious reminder of her & our other midwives- what a blessing they have been in our life! We have stolen our friends, the Houseworths, names on more than one occasion. When we mentioned we were doing it yet again, they warned us that Abagail meant "spunky." We shall see! :) Evangeline is Greek for "like an Angel." (Yep, we know- we are asking for trouble! Now she really will be spunky!) We pray that our daughter will give glory to God all of her days like the angels continually do in heaven. Patricia and I really liked the name Evangeline- it made Patricia especially happy to be involved!

We praise God for our precious little girl & are ready for September to come around so we can meet her! The children were very excited but, to be perfectly honest, we would have been just as excited if we were having a boy. Every child is a blessing from the Lord! But I must also admit it is much more fun to dress a girl! :)
- Heather

13 comments:

Jeremiah and Stephenie said...

Congratulations to all of you! I love her name (we have an Abigail)and we are with you on naming them in the womb. What awesome ultrasound pictures you have.

Tully Family said...

I should have said this in the post- we really enjoy having our ultrasounds at Ultrasonna (http://www.ultrasonacolumbus.com/)! The pics are great (they give us a ton + a photo cd for the computer) & a dvd. :) Plus, it is WAY cheaper than a DRs! I think they have more locations in other places but I could be wrong...

Abby said...

What a great ultrasound photo! I feel so honored to be her namesake. Thank you so much.
With love,
Abby

Tracy said...

Our Abigail IS both her father's joy, and very spunky, though I've never heard that meaning before. And we never call her Abby, though she gets it from others. I love the name Evangeline, too.

Are you undecided about the spelling? You spelled Abigail the first time, and then Abagail.

Tully Family said...

No, we are not undecided about the spelling... anyone who knows me well, knows spelling isn't my strong point! I'll go back now & edit it- the spelling is Abigail Evangeline.

Anonymous said...

How bless we are to have a grandchild, Abigail, add to our family. Your names are surely with thought, all pointing to our Lord. Already I can hardly wait to hold her. We will be in prayer for you all.
Eric....another wedding to plan for.

Love Mom and Dad

Mccollough said...

Congrats to you all! I love, love, love her name. Had I had known all that was going to go on with Maggie Ann maybe I should have named her Evangeline! :) The photos are so wonderful. I love ultrasound photos - I even frame them until the baby arrives. Hugs to all of you! :)

Michelle

PS. I saw what your momma said about weddings - don't worry we are right there with you - planning 3 too! :)

Darla said...

Congratulations. I love the name Abigail.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! We love girls here too! They have such great fun as sisters!
~Renee

dawn said...

I love the name Abigail! But Abigail Adams is one of my favorites, as I know she is yours too.

Tully Family said...

Yep, I forgot to mention that!

Anonymous said...

Eric/Heather,
Nice to see your family is growing up..FAST! I remember when you had Patricia. Jeez, it was almost like yesterday.
Give me a call one of these days. Would love to hear from you.

-Andy
(from NY)

Jess said...

Ah! I just got back from being without internet for several days in WI...and so excited to find out your news congratulations on a little girl! That was my guess! Girls are so fun aren't they?! The name is gorgeous too.