Friday, July 17, 2009

My Day-Long Project

For the first time ever, we've been experiencing major leak problems with Elizabeth's cloth diapers. Yuck. So, my day-long project has been to "strip" all the diapers and inserts. (You can read about how to strip cloth diapers here.) It is a long, long process that uses a lot of water but it should fix the leak problems. Plus, the first load just finished and they look so much more white than before. (This is impressive b/c they already looked clean & white before I did this!)

- Heather

4 comments:

Jess said...

So how'd the stripping go? I hope it is all worked for you! Sounds like quite a project! How many washes did it take?

Tully Family said...

The diapers have not leaked since I stripped them on Friday. Yahoo! I did 2 batches of 6 pockets w/ their inserts (12 inserts total). I washed each set in HOT water (boiled some of the water on the stove) w/ cold rinse cycle. It then took 5 cold rinses to get all the suds out. PHEW! But it was worth it- I'm happy to be back to cloth diapering again. :) I might strip the diapers on a regular basis (every 6-8 weeks) to sanitize them b/c I am using Charlie's Soap now.

Jess said...

Ooh Charlies Soap sounds interesting. Let me know what you think after you has used it a while.

I am thinking of switching to either that or soap nuts. I need to order a trial pack and try the soap nuts out. : )

Tully Family said...

I've been wanting to try the soap nuts out also!