Monday, October 12, 2009

Current Read-Alouds

Literature: "The Beggars' Bible" by Louise A. Vernon. We were actually supose to read this one during our last unit of TOG but we never got around to it. So, we are reading it now! :) It is about John Wycliffe. Fun, fun, fun!



History: "Famous Men of the Renaissance & Reformation" by Robert G. Shearer. We are FINALLY starting unit 2 of TOG (yahoo!), which covers the Renaissance. We will study a lot about art with this unit and that means I'll have to cover lots of pictures. Ugh.

Mama's Reading: When Dawn was here, she let me borrow "Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee" by Sharon James. I'm so excited to read this one, as it has been on my list for some time! Elizabeth Prentiss is one of my favorite women of history!



I am also reading "Beloved Bride: The Letters of Stonewall Jackson to His Wife" by Bill Potter. Oh, it is SO good! (I do happen to really enjoy studying the Civil War era!) Yep, even a former Northerner can learn from Stonewall's Christian legacy. Did I say "Christian?" Yep. Read the book! :) (See, Houseworths, I'm coming around... slowly but surely. ;)



- Heather

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hee, hee! You crack me up. That is one lovely book, by the way.
I haven't read the Elizabeth Prentiss one - I may have to put it on my wish list.
Thanks for the recommendation!
How's Abigail?
Casey

Jeanelle said...

My birthday is coming up! It's on my wish list too! I also enjoyed "Beloved Bride." So many good books to read.