Monday, January 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 18, 2010



FOR TODAY
January 18, 2010...
Outside my window... sun is shinning & it is warm (low 60s)! :)
I am thinking... how wonderful it is to feel the sunshine. Ah.
I am thankful for... God's mercy.
From the learning rooms... quietness- no "formal" lessons today.
From the kitchen... Em's mac & cheese w/ salad for supper.
I am wearing... grey top w/ black skirt & a blankie!
I am creating... ??? Lord-willing, I will be creating some skirts this weekend with my mother.
I am going... to try to remember/meditate the mercy shown to me by my Savior so that I can (hopefully) show mercy unto others. It sounds so easy...
I am reading... "Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee" and "In Defense of Food".
I am hoping... to catch up with ironing this week.
I am hearing... sound of dryer humming.
Around the house... laundry is getting finished. Yahoo! I was a few days behind.
One of my favorite things... reading. Happens more slowly these days with so many littles to care for but that's okay- tis only a season!
A few plans for the rest of the week: take Lizzie to her first dentist appt for a check up this week (nothing is wrong). Look at how cool of a place it is!
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... my little cowboys (taken last April- they've been wearing these outfits almost every day):


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

dawn said...

I have the washer/dryer & dishwasher going. Ah, the sounds of my domestic servants :)

And the tree is down. One of my two favorite events of the year: putting the tree up and taking the tree down.

Jeanelle said...

Cowboys at heart. David is often dressed this way. Jeans, button up shirt and boots are a must. Have we ever asked you if you want to move to Texas? Praying! We miss y'all too much.

Tully Family said...

Dawn,

Do you TRULY enjoy taking the tree down? Really?

This year, the children did most of the tree work- both putting up & taking down. I LOVE having older children!

dawn said...

It isn't so much the putting it up and taking it down that I like as it is the fruit of the putting it up and taking it down. I have my family room back :)

Tully Family said...

K- that makes more sense! :) I like the "fruit" of labor too!