Monday, January 04, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook: January 4, 2010



FOR TODAY
January 4, 2010...
Outside my window... the sun is shinning as littles run wild.
I am thinking... over the mornings lessons with the children. Our first day back after a long break- lets just say, it wasn't pretty!
I am thankful for... my husband. I'm missing having him home!
From the learning rooms... quietness b/c littles are outside running & screaming after working hard this morning.
From the kitchen... spaghetti pie leftovers for lunch! Yum!
I am wearing... black skirt & hot pink shirt.
I am creating... nothing. I need to finish up mending before starting a new project.
I am going... to finally see my midwife tomorrow (suppose to have seen her 6-week postpartum but life was hectic for us both!).
I am reading... "Elizabeth Prentiss: More Love to Thee" after starting it months ago & then forgetting about it.
I am hoping... for warmer weather!
I am hearing... screams from outside. Don't worry- they are happy screams. :)
Around the house... laundry needs to get done!
One of my favorite things... coffee. Ah. Do you think I should have another cup since it is our first day back to lessons? ;)
A few plans for the rest of the week: tweak the schedule/plans for Matthias' lessons.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing... My sweet girls with their friend, Augusta, at church:


Hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook.

5 comments:

Jess said...

What a beautiful picture of your girls and their friend. I love Sunday dresses. Little girls are so much fun to dress.

Hope school starts getting into a pattern for you all.

I miss having Andrew home too!

dawn said...

Yay! Nice post :) My girls will love seeing this picture of their friends :)

Tully Family said...

Thanks, Dawn! I hope you do not mind me stealing the idea from your blog... maybe "steal" is the wrong word. You inspired me! ;)

dawn said...

Not at all ... it wasn't my idea to begin with. Besides if it gets you to blog more (yes, I realize I live in a glass house ...)

Tully Family said...

A very fragile glass house. ;)

I'm hoping to do the "wordless wednesday" post too- been meaning to do that for sometime!

I've enjoyed reading your blog also- I try to read it w/ a cup of tea or coffee.