October 2013 Book List:
- Read Aloud: Alone, Yet Not Alone by Tracy Leininger Craven. Excellent! And, the movie is good also!
- The Core: Teaching Your Child the Foundations of Classical Education by Leigh A Bortins. Really wish I had read this years ago! It's a great resource if you have children in the grammar stage of learning but you can apply many of the things to older children. The chapter on geography is a must read! I'm looking forward to reading Leigh's second book, The Question, which covers dialectic/logic stage.
- History Reading: Confessions by Saint Augustine.
- History Reading: Introduction to the History of Christianity edited by Tim Dowley
- Restoring Your Digestive Health: How the Guts and Glory Program Can Transform Your Life by Jordan S. Rubin & Joseph Brasco.
- Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs and Sugar- Your Brain's Silent Killers by David Perlmutter, MD.
- Read Aloud: George Washington's World by Genevieve Foster