Friday, February 06, 2009

Random Things

Wasn't sure what to title this post- it is a hodgepodge. So, enjoy! First, a few pics of the lazy-girl's guide to drinking from a cup:


Next, Matthias reading:


Art instruction has really been play for the past two lessons. (I've posted here about what we are currently using for art instruction.) We have played with finger paint and play dough. The children have enjoyed it though... well, at least most of them. Patricia did not like the finger painting- she said it was too messy. (Hm, wonder who she takes after?)





Finally, in an attempt to save some more pennies, I cut Matthias' hair last night. (He was the only man in the house that we paid to get his hair cut but since we need to be careful w/ expenses right now, I decided I would just do it.) I almost cried- I just love his curls but the only way I know how to cut hair is to use the buzzers. So, off came the curls. :( He looks more grown-up, don't you agree?


- Heather

4 comments:

dawn said...

He looks more like Benjamin! Wow, I never noticed that before ...

Bekah didn't like the fingerpaints either.

Tully Family said...

That's funny that Bekah didn't like the finger paint- our Lizzie LOVED it... of course, you had to watch her like a hawk b/c she would try to eat it. LOL I think you told me about using pudding for finger paint. My only fear w/ that is that the children would get into the habbit of eating it. :)

Anonymous said...

Sam doesn't like finger paints either because they are messy. I don't like them either!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Mathias is so cute, with or without curls....I am so proud of him that he is reading now...Way to go.
Love the way Lizzie drinks, will get down no matter which way it works, I watch the baby , so special.
Patricia is so much like you Heather.
Benjamin and Jonathan are still a sweetie. Our dogs look a lot alike.

Love Mom